November 9, 2016 was a forgettable and probably the most ominous day in American history. The nation elected a racist, misogynist, Obama’s-class-to-crass-President to the White House who won the election by a minority public vote—3 million fewer votes than his opponent Hillary Clinton. That’s one of the crazy things about the Electoral College, but that’s a topic for a separate blog. Trump seems to be a disciple of Reagan and a fan of Putin; Reagan is probably tossing in his grave!
What’s pathetic about the current situation is the folks he has picked for his cabinet positions:
- Rick Perry who wanted to abolish the Department of Energy to head it! This is the guy from oil-rich Texas who denied global warming, strongly opposed Trump during the primaries, and couldn’t even remember what federal agencies/departments that he wanted to abolish—all of a sudden is a fan of the Orange Orangutan.
- Ms. Betsy Voss who, with her husband, ran a charter school in Detroit which is the lowest-performing big city in the country. According to CNN, nearly half of charter schools in Detroit are ranked in the bottom of American schools, according to the Education Trust Midwest. Twenty percent were given a "D" or "F" grade. And 80 percent of charter schools in the state are now operating as for-profit institutions.
- Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil and a Putin Puppet (because ExxonMobil has interests in Russia’s yet-untapped vast oil and gas resources), as Secretary of State.
- Ben Carson to head the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Here is a half-asleep, Seventh-day Adventist (we’re not attacking religion here) who thinks the world is 6,000 years old!
- Oklahoma Attorney General Edward Scott Pruitt to lead the Environmental Protection Agency. He has filed or joined some two dozen lawsuits to block EPA regulations.
· The list goes on.
What is sad is that many GOP folks who were critical of Trump during his campaign blindly kissed his you-know-what—hoping to get a cabinet position. It’s at least good to see that Chris ‘Fat Bridgegate’ Christie, Rudy ‘Dracula’ Giuliani, Mitt ‘the Shit’ Romney are out of the picture. But the tragedy isn’t over yet: Wait till the GOP House and Senate slowly dismantle, decimate, weaken, or partially eliminate that everything that Democrats have delivered—Social Security (FDR), Medicare (Johnson), and Affordable Care Act (Obama). Well, if Americans elected a clueless President, we deserve what we get. Unfortunately, the majority who didn’t vote for Trump will suffer because of the morons who did.
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS!