G. O. P. ... R. I. P.
The recent series of Republican presidential candidates’ debates have been a parade of clowns. If any of these buffoons were to get elected as our next President, our country will be in deep trouble and a morass from which we will never get out. Despite their superficial differences, they all have many things in common:
- Are hypocritical
- Are ignorant for the most part on many domestic issues and historical facts
- Have no clue about foreign policy
- Love to see Obama fail more than they want to see America succeed.
The Cult Guy – Mitt Romney
He seems to be one of the more sensible candidates, except he belongs to a cult, as some right-wing Christians (wrongly) believe. It took us over 180 years to elect a Catholic president; are we ready to elect a Mormon? Romney passed a universal healthcare bill as Governor of Massachusetts, but is hypocritical to admit it and is attacking Obama’s healthcare plan.
The Hypocritical Cowboy – Rick Perry
Yes, all we need is another idiotic cowboy running our country and eventually declaring, “Mission Accomplished.” He has right-wing pastors that believe Mormonism is a cult. Why do these nincompoops bring religion at all into the picture? Who cares if we elect a bi-sexual atheist as our President, as long as he/she is honest, a good leader, and leaves behind a great legacy? He claims to have created millions of jobs in Texas; yes, mostly in the public sector – from a guy who doesn’t believe in big government. He was extremely critical of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (The Stimulus Plan), yet took in over $25 billion from the plan for Texas and created mostly public sector jobs!
The Pizza Guy – Herman CainCain is a pain you know where. Although he has been involved in some politics since leaving Godfather’s Pizza, he is more of a motivational speaker, often labeled as the African-American version of Zig Ziglar. He has no clue about the U. S. Constitution and recently declared he would gladly sign a Constitutional Amendment to ban abortions. The moron doesn’t even know that the Congress proposes an amendment in the form of a joint resolution; the President does not have a constitutional role in the amendment process, and the joint resolution does not go to the White House for signature or approval. Do we want this dolt running our country?
The Eyebrow Toupee Guy – Ron Paul
It is sad to see a physician who does not want universal healthcare, no government management at all. He would rather have the decisions given to the doctors, not HMOs, big drug companies, and government officials.
Sarah Palin Lite – Michelle Bachman
We should be ever grateful that she is not a history teacher:
- Compared herself to fellow Waterloo, Iowa resident John Wayne, the late actor. Facts: John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa. John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer who raped and murdered 33 teenage boys in the 70s, was born in Waterloo.
- On slavery, she declared, "The very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States." Nitwit, can you say A-B-R-A-H-A-M L-I-N-C-O-L-N?
- In a speech in New Hampshire, she said she was in the "state where the shot was heard round the world at Lexington and Concord." Have you heard of Massachusetts?
- She once claimed that the Hoot-Smalley Tariff caused the Great Depression. No, it was the Smoot-Hawley bill, co-authored by Republicans Sen. Reed Smoot of Utah and Rep. Willis Hawley of Oregon, and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover. Michelle, you are good at spoonerisms and maybe change your name to Bichelle Machman!
- She said before Obama, the last time we saw an outbreak of Swine Flu was during Jimmy Carter's term. Wrong again! No, it was during Gerald Ford’s presidency.
Not worth wasting my precious time on the remaining blockheads – Cantor, Gingrich, Huntsman, Roemer – they have already dug their holes, but still haven't learned, "When you are in a hole, stop digging!"